My Photo
Name:
Location: HYDERABAD, ANDHRA PRADESH ph:9951033760, India

i love, i most, i dont care what others think about it..........

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Anurag blogs on No Smoking
By: Tushar Joshi
October 19, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Anurag Kashyap
Spent yesterday waiting for John to get free from his meeting. Saw the Thai-Cambodian-Hong Kong movie Dog Bite Dog. Outstanding. Face/Off meets Old Boy…”

These are the opening lines of Anurag Kashyap’s blog, www.passionforcinema.com, a site dedicated to discussions on movies.

The Black Friday director has created an online diary to capture the everyday angst, joy, frustration, excitement and other emotions that have gone into the making of his film No Smoking, starring John Abraham.

Catharsis

A self-proclaimed blogger, Kashyap says he prefers sharing his personal accounts of moviemaking with others because it’s therapeutic. “I’ve been blogging under different names for years.

But recently, I got myself associated with this particular website and started maintaining an online diary of my daily experiences. I see it as pure therapy. I prefer using the Internet because it offers me anonymity with my blogs. I may not open up about something personal to some one who is sitting next to me, but I could share the same things with another blogger.”

Presently occupied with the movie, Anurag says he would prefer sharing information with his bloggers than talking to the media about it. “I will be slowly revealing more about No Smoking in time. I will be posting information about it on the website.”

Excited about Don

Anurag also reveals that he’s already met three bloggers from the site as well. “Everyone knows I am passionate about movies. I prefer discussing movies and talking about them with students of cinema or other avid movie buffs. I really don’t see myself sitting with some senior filmmakers and discussing cinema as most of them have stopped watching feature films.”

In his personal diary, Anurag mentions about getting excited to watch Don. “I will get some time off to go see it. I really hope the film works, because if Farhan’s film is a hit then it will hopefully break barriers for other film makers like me.”

One movie he isn’t too excited to watch is Umrao Jaan. “I don’t think I would want to watch it. But I will definitely be in the line to watch Dhoom 2. After watching the film’s promos, I can confidently say that Bipasha Basu has become the ultimate Indian male fantasy. Both she and Ash look like a million bucks. I think that will be the only reason to watch D2.”

So what should one expect from his diary in the coming days? “I don’t know. I am thinking of getting John to join the blog and maybe write a few lines on the film. Let’s see.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home